At Lumin, we are committed to empowering people to take control of their home energy use. We believe that the future of buildings lies in their ability to act as independent microgrids, interacting with each other and the larger grid to create a more sustainable energy system. To achieve this vision, we have built an affordable and flexible energy management platform, coupled with powerful software that draws from the largest and ever-growing energy dataset.
As part of the Lumin team, you'll be working at the forefront of the distributed energy industry, developing products that integrate hardware and software to accelerate the decarbonization of our world.
We are a team of passionate individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on society by creating a more energy-efficient future. We value teamwork and growth and are excited to welcome individuals who share our commitment to innovation and sustainability. Whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out in your career, we welcome all backgrounds and perspectives to join our inclusive and collaborative workplace.
As a Technical Sales Lead at Lumin, you will be responsible for providing technical sales support for customers and stakeholders interested in learning more about Lumin’s products and their technical capabilities, including general product information as well as technical resources, including single line diagrams, unique project installation and configuration recommendations, and general pre-sale technical support. The Technical Sales Lead will assist with intake requests as well as drive sales through product demos and technical training and support, including sales training and installation training. Additional assistance with special projects and key accounts may be required occasionally.
You'll be responsible for:
- Represent the Lumin brand and ensure customers have a fantastic sales experience
- Collaborate with Sales Manager to create and execute quarterly and annual channel sales goals
- Help vet potential partnership opportunities, provide technical input and feedback, and direct candidates to the correct Lumin personnel.
- Provide pre-sale technical support to customers.
- Manage inbound sales installer leads, appropriately qualifying and progressing customers through the sales pipeline.
- Perform outbound sales activities to build up the Lumin customer base
- Demonstrate and sell the Lumin Smart Panels to installers, establishing rapport and determining the best solution for the customer
- Become an expert in guiding installers through specific solar + energy storage + Lumin Smart Panel configurations, including collecting single-line diagrams and essential information about their projects
- Anticipate and overcome objections and perform within a short sales cycle
- Cultivate new quality leads through networking and customer referrals
- Effectively take advantage of and use digital marketing and sales tools
- Maintain accurate records of all account activities through CRM
- Maintain active sales opportunities, including contract negotiations and account management
- Lead Lumin Product Demos, Lumin Sales Training, and Technical Sales Training for new customer accounts
- Act as Customer Support overflow during times of heavy traffic
What you bring to the table:
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000-$90,000 + equity + benefits. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands, and years of experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Why join our team?
Lumin offers competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time, regular staff. Lumin fosters a healthy work/life balance by providing a flexible work environment.
Our benefits package includes:
- 401(k) with Traditional and Roth options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, with a recommended three-week minimum
- Additional 12 weeks of paid time off for parental or medical leave
- Annual Tuition/Professional Development Assistance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Lumin covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of all dependent premium costs
- Company-paid Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Lumin Smart Panel for your home
- $300 annually toward tax preparation services
- Company equity incentive program
- Fun, interactive, and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
Lumin is an equal-opportunity employer.
United by our passion and empowered by our differences, Lumin is building a platform to accelerate the world’s adoption of clean energy. We strive to provide a safe environment, where all of the people working to fulfill our mission are equally welcomed, accepted, and celebrated. We will continuously work to engage all of the communities we serve because the future of renewable energy must be inclusive of everyone. If you are interested in learning more, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of the employment visas at this time.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees. If you require reasonable accommodations during the application process or for the interview, please let us know by completing the application question or emailing [email protected]
and we will do our best to work with you to meet your needs.