Lumin lets people take control of their home energy.
How? We believe that buildings of the future will be acting as independent microgrids interacting with each other and the larger grid. To achieve this vision we have built the most affordable and flexible energy management platform and coupled it with the software empowered by the largest, and ever-growing, energy dataset.
At Lumin, you will find yourself at the cutting edge of the distributed energy industry with products at the intersection of hardware and software, contributing to the decarbonization of the world.
Everyone on our team is passionate about what we do! Does this sound like you?
- Working, with purpose, to make our society more energy efficient
- Enjoys being part of a rapidly growing team, and seeing how all parts of the business work
- Is excited to develop a team of like-minded individuals
Senior Electrical Engineer works as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop, test, maintain, and support the electrical hardware components and solutions used in Lumin products within the processes and procedures set forth by the Hardware Department.
You'll be responsible for:
- Research technologies, products, and industry trends in the microgrid and energy storage sectors
- Design the next generation of Lumin products
- Capture decisions and solutions in schematics, assembly drawings, and easy to understand documentation
- Innovate using cutting technology in a fully equipped onsite lab
- Collaborate with product, mechanical, and software teams to ensure optimal integration
We're excited about you because you have:
- BS or MS in Computer or Electrical Engineering and at least 5 years of relevant experience in the field
- PCB Assembly Specifications (IPC-610) experience
- PCB workstation tools and equipment experience
- Embedded communications protocols (CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet, Serial, etc.) experience
- Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Testing and Verifications experience
- Electrical Laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, protocol, and spectrum analyzers experience
- Experience using Altium Designer
This position is located in Charlottesville, VA, and requires the employee to be on-site, however, Lumin is flexible with working from home where possible.
Why join our team?
Lumin offers competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time, regular staff. Lumin fosters a healthy work/life balance by providing a flexible work environment.
Our benefits package includes:
- 401(k) with Traditional and Roth options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, with a recommended three-week minimum
- Additional 12 weeks paid time off for parental or medical leave
- Annual Tuition/Professional Development Assistance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Lumin covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of all dependent premium costs
- Company-paid Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Lumin Smart Panel for your home
- $300 annually toward tax preparation services
- Company equity incentive program
We do ask that you apply with either your resume or your LinkedIn Profile! A cover letter is not required but is highly recommended!
Lumin is an equal opportunity employer.
United by our passion and empowered by our differences, Lumin is building a platform to accelerate the world’s adoption of clean energy. We strive to provide a safe environment, where all of the people working to fulfill our mission are equally welcomed, accepted, and celebrated. We will continuously work to engage all of the communities we serve because the future of renewable energy must be inclusive of everyone. If you are interested in learning more, we would love to hear from you!