At Lumin, we are committed to empowering people to take control of their home energy use. We believe that the future of buildings lies in their ability to act as independent microgrids, interacting with each other and the larger grid to create a more sustainable energy system. To achieve this vision, we have built an affordable and flexible energy management platform, coupled with powerful software that draws from the largest and ever-growing energy dataset.
As part of the Lumin team, you'll be working at the forefront of the distributed energy industry, developing products that integrate hardware and software to accelerate the decarbonization of our world.
We are a team of passionate individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on society by creating a more energy-efficient future. We value teamwork and growth and are excited to welcome individuals who share our commitment to innovation and sustainability. Whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out in your career, we welcome all backgrounds and perspectives to join our inclusive and collaborative workplace.
As the Product Manager, Grid Services at Lumin, you will oversee our rapidly growing Grid Services product vertical. The Product Manager, Grid Services will be responsible for understanding and representing user needs, coordinating internal development activities, advising on go-to-market strategies, and managing the discovery through delivery activities for the entire vertical. The Product Manager, Grid Services will continuously work on further developing the value within the product vertical by assessing its competitive position and enhancing the customer experience.
As a key member of Lumin’s Product team you will closely work with various teams across the company including the Senior Executive team, Software and Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Support, and Marketing teams.
You'll be responsible for:
- Product Strategy: Developing and owning the product strategy for Grid Services that aligns with Lumin’s goals and customer needs. This includes defining the product vision, setting goals, and creating and managing a product roadmap.
- Market Research and Customer Insights: Conducting market research to identify trends, competition, and customer needs. Gathering and analyzing user feedback and data to make informed product decisions.
- Feature Prioritization and Roadmapping: Prioritizing features and enhancements based on strategic objectives, user feedback, and resource constraints. Creating and maintaining a product roadmap that communicates the product's future direction.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Working closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, and sales, to ensure everyone is aligned and informed about the product's development and release schedules..Product Development and Execution: Overseeing the product development process of Grid Service products, from concept to launch.
- Performance Monitoring and Iteration: Continuously monitor product performance through key metrics and user feedback. Using this data to iterate on the product, make improvements, and adapt to changing market conditions.
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to understand customer needs, gather feedback, and advocate for user-centric product development.
- Ability to clearly articulate product goals, updates, and strategies to cross-functional teams, executives, and stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with engineering, design, marketing, and sales teams to drive product success.
- Ability to prioritize feature development, balancing user requirements, business value, and technical constraints to maximize efficiency.
- Ability to use data and metrics to guide product development, make informed decisions, and optimize product performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science, or related discipline.
- MBA or related Product Management education or certificate is preferred, but not required
- 3-5 years of product management experience
- Experience with complex, integrated hardware and software systems
- Experience developing products “0-1”
- Experience working with utilities and/or developing utility programs, especially related to demand response
This role will be expected to make one monthly trip to the Charlottesville Office, in coordination between the employee and manager. Also, travel for participation in industry events and client meetings is expected approximately once per quarter.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $115,000-$130,000 + equity + benefits. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands, and years of experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Why join our team?
Lumin offers competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time, regular staff. Lumin fosters a healthy work/life balance by providing a flexible work environment.
Our benefits package includes:
- 401(k) with Traditional and Roth options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, with a recommended three-week minimum
- Additional 12 weeks of paid time off for parental or medical leave
- Annual Tuition/Professional Development Assistance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Lumin covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of all dependent premium costs
- Company-paid Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Lumin Smart Panel for your home
- $300 annually toward tax preparation services
- Company equity incentive program
- Fun, interactive, and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
Lumin is an equal-opportunity employer.
United by our passion and empowered by our differences, Lumin is building a platform to accelerate the world’s adoption of clean energy. We strive to provide a safe environment, where all of the people working to fulfill our mission are equally welcomed, accepted, and celebrated. We will continuously work to engage all of the communities we serve because the future of renewable energy must be inclusive of everyone. If you are interested in learning more, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of the employment visas at this time.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees. If you require reasonable accommodations during the application process or for the interview, please let us know by completing the application question or emailing [email protected]
and we will do our best to work with you to meet your needs.