Lumin lets people take control of their home energy.
How? We believe that buildings of the future will be acting as independent microgrids interacting with each other and the larger grid. To achieve this vision we have built the most affordable and flexible energy management platform and coupled it with the software empowered by the largest, and ever-growing, energy dataset.
At Lumin, you will find yourself at the cutting edge of the distributed energy industry with products at the intersection of hardware and software, contributing to the decarbonization of the world.
Everyone on our team is passionate about what we do! Does this sound like you?
- Working, with purpose, to make our society more energy efficient
- Enjoys being part of a rapidly growing team, and seeing how all parts of the business work
- Is excited to develop a team of like-minded individuals
Electrical Engineer works as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop, test, and support the electrical hardware solutions used in Lumin products.
You'll be responsible for:
- Designing analog and digital solutions for new and existing products
- Capture designs in schematics and assembly drawings
- Build and test engineering prototypes
- Maintain a robust understanding of industry trends to inform product design
What you bring to the table:
- Electrical Engineering Design experience
- Electrical CAD experience
- Familiarity with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) workstation tools
- Familiarity with Electrical Laboratory equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, protocol analyzers, and spectrum analyzers
- All candidates with either experience, certification or an Electrical Engineering degree will be considered
This position is located in Charlottesville, VA, and requires the employee to be on-site, however, Lumin is flexible with working from home where possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $73,000-$93,000 + equity + benefits. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands, and years of experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Why join our team?
Lumin offers competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time, regular staff. Lumin fosters a healthy work/life balance by providing a flexible work environment.
Our benefits package includes:
- 401(k) with Traditional and Roth options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, with a recommended three-week minimum
- Additional 12 weeks of paid time off for parental or medical leave
- Annual Tuition/Professional Development Assistance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Lumin covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of all dependent premium costs
- Company-paid Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Lumin Smart Panel for your home
- $300 annually toward tax preparation services
- Company equity incentive program
- Fun, interactive, and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
We do ask that you apply with either your resume or your LinkedIn Profile! A cover letter is not required but is highly recommended!
Lumin is an equal opportunity employer.
United by our passion and empowered by our differences, Lumin is building a platform to accelerate the world’s adoption of clean energy. We strive to provide a safe environment, where all of the people working to fulfill our mission are equally welcomed, accepted, and celebrated. We will continuously work to engage all of the communities we serve because the future of renewable energy must be inclusive of everyone. If you are interested in learning more, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of the employment visas at this time.